Monday, December 05, 2005

American Enterprise Institute Publishes Vioxx Litigation Working Paper

The American Enterprise Institute has posted a copy of a new working paper entitled The Vioxx Litigation: Part I . Here's a summary of the document in their own words:

Part I of this AEI Working Paper looks at the history of Vioxx and asks questions about potential over-deterrence from having manufacturers bear the full measure of the social cost of drugs through strict products liability or failure-to-warn claims.

Copies are available by visiting the AEI Web site here.

1 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Tina Harris and i would like to show you my personal experience with Vioxx.

I am 40 years old. Have been on Vioxx for 6 months now. I had quit taking Vioxx long before the recall because it was the only new med introduced into my regimen at the time the symptoms started. I was told that if I continued to take it, I would be let go from my job because of inability to perform simple tasks.

I have experienced some of these side effects -
vertigo, diarrhea, abdominal pain, respiratory problems and memory loss. I still have memory loss and have gaps in my thinking process where I can't even think of common words I am trying to say, even to this day.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Tina Harris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home