Friday, April 10, 2009

Attorney Disbarred for Yelling at Federal Magistrate's Law Clerk

Per Legal Blog Watch, April 10, 2009:

Be kind to a judge's law clerk. That is the moral of a 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals decision this week upholding the one-year disbarment from federal court of a lawyer who did not take kindly to the law clerk's phone call. As the lawyer grew increasingly angry during the call, the law clerk duly wrote it all down, later reporting it to Mildred Methvin, the federal magistrate judge for whom she worked in the Western District of Louisiana. Magistrate Judge Methvin passed it on to U.S. District Judge Tucker Melancon, all of which set in motion the path to the lawyer's disbarment.

For more information and links to the opinion click here.

2 Comments:

At 2:39 AM, Blogger Skully said...

I was wondering I have a large amount of evidence against Daniel N Gordon and his assistant I have credit card statements that are forged and one set of docs are not even a real account. Right now there is a huge class action against him in Spokane Federal court.
I already had the state bar incvestigate and they did nothing.
I went back over the documents and his assistant made a affidavit and this contradicts what he told the bar.

I plan on requesting the bar reivestigate I would appreciate any advice on this evil.

 
At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm involved right now in a suit against Mr Daniel N Gordon and his counterpart's. e-mail me @tinacole01@comcast.net i could use your info and i can put you in contact with the attroney's office who is handling my case.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home